MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem Upgrading to Latest Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

My problem seems simple. I was running an earlier version, 1.6 I believe.

I wanted to upgrade-- persistent log-in problem, I thought this might fix it-- so I uploaded files to server.

When I run the "upgrade.php" from my browser (Firefox), my username/password won't take. It keeps saying it is incorrect, when I can see the password in my CP (Godaddy).

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Alan Bernardo
can we have your forum url ?
if you had login problem then you could have posted on this community (instead of uploading new version files)
(2014-09-15, 02:52 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url ?
if you had login problem then you could have posted on this community (instead of uploading new version files)

The login problem happened only when I uploaded the latest version and then tried to upgrade.

It worked before. I don't think I ever mentioned I was having login problems before I uploaded the new version.

Fact is, I was able to login when I first installed 1.6.

Site is,

www.acworldusa.com/mybb

Thanks,

Alan
Quote:It worked before. I don't think I ever mentioned I was having login problems before I uploaded the new version.
Quote:I wanted to upgrade-- persistent log-in problem, I thought this might fix it-- so I uploaded files to server.

anyway, can you give cookie settings you have for the forum - or add a file named lock in the install folder
(2014-09-15, 03:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It worked before. I don't think I ever mentioned I was having login problems before I uploaded the new version.
Quote:I wanted to upgrade-- persistent log-in problem, I thought this might fix it-- so I uploaded files to server.

anyway, can you give cookie settings you have for the forum - or add a file named lock in the install folder

Yeah, I did say that, didn't I? Smile

I tried the lock thing but it said I had to upgrade to get in, administratively or otherwise.

I'm not so sure this past login problem is related to this latest upgrade login problem. I was able to administratively login before. Users were having problems getting logged in, but it eventually worked.

Thanks,

Alan
would you like to PM me temporary access to admin panel and files (both are required) - you can change your credentials later

Edit @GMT 08:30

referred forum upgraded to MyBB 1.8