MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with quote/reply in IE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I recently updated my forum to 1.8. I am having problems with Internet Explorer and the Quote and Reply functions. When IE user use these, the text they add after the quote(s) disappears when they post. Only the original quotes are shown in their posts. They then have to edit their post and re-add the text.
such issues persist with IE. IMO, users should be asked to use other browsers (esp. firefox & chrome)
if users do not have such issues with other browsers then they should stop using IE for MyBB
(2014-09-15, 07:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]such issues persist with IE. IMO, users should be asked to use other browsers (esp. firefox & chrome)
if users do not have such issues with other browsers then they should stop using IE for MyBB

That's not really a good solution.  It's unfortunate that developers have to deal with IE, but it does exist.  I hope Mybb's official stance will not ever be "Use another web browser."

Now if they are using an insecure unsupported version like IE8, then that is another story.  
(2014-09-15, 07:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]such issues persist with IE. IMO, users should be asked to use other browsers (esp. firefox & chrome)

It would be great if they could all do that, but unfortunately it's not that easy to make the users switch browser, and it is also the only available browser in many corporate environments.
I don't even have the option of IE. I'm a linux user. Big Grin

It's pretty sad that IE is still that buggy. I'm not blaming MyBB for the bug as it, from their end, was probably coded properly, but a workaround should be implemented for IE due to the fact that it is still a commonly used browser. I imagine it's probably some sort of javascript editor issue.
This has already been reported and may be fixed in 1.8.1: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1391