MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can U guide me how to Bring people onto My forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well it was general question, I would like to know how to make real people Join my forum, actually only spammers join in and i want to know where to advertise my forum that people actually would join in ??
Facebook, twitter, google+, this forum and other forums are great places to post your forum. Just make sure your forum has some overall "topic" or "purpose" so that it actually appeals to some group of people.
(2014-09-15, 02:14 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Facebook, twitter, google+, this forum and other forums are great places to post your forum. Just make sure your forum has some overall "topic" or "purpose" so that it actually appeals to some group of people.

+1
What is your forum's niche?
I know a lot of people advertise on Reddit these days. Fairly cheap, targetted and effective.
(2014-09-15, 05:11 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]What is your forum's niche?
its a entertainment forum
mean we have different topics / u can say general forum 

(2014-09-15, 07:39 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]I know a lot of people advertise on Reddit these days. Fairly cheap, targetted and effective.

oh okay 
thanks
> General forum

Well there's your problem. Why use that forum over say, reddit where there's a sub for just about everything, and plenty of people to talk with?

Find something specific you like. Make your forum about that. Tell people that like the same thing about it.
Advertise over social media, make social media accounts for your site, tell people irl about your site, and maybe use Postloop to get some conversations started on your site.
I honestly don't see anything wrong with preferring 1.6 over 1.8 at this point. It is true that 1.8 is significantly improved over 1.6, but it's also a bit unstable. It hasn't had the years that 1.6 has had to mature yet, and will become more stable over time.
(2014-09-16, 07:02 AM)Ronshaan Wrote: [ -> ]its a entertainment forum
mean we have different topics / u can say general forum 

It's likely the best way this would survive would be for you to make it a forum specifically for you and your friends then. If I join a forum I join it because it serves some purpose to me.  I can talk about my city to someone on citydata.  I can hang out with a bunch guitar players on a guitar oriented forum(actually I can't, because I don't have a guitar).

I should have used this word before, but I couldn't think of it.  You need to have a target audience of who you want on your forum.  Then you need to center that forum around that audience.  If you want lots of people from all over the world the only way to get them to come is to have something exciting for their audience.  Your forum will never last if it's just a "general forum" with a "general audience."  There is just no reason to join.  Now I admit, there are some huge forums around that do just have a general audience with a general theme.  But they were around a long long long time ago when forums were a new thing and exciting because they were a new form of social media.  That will not work anymore.   

(2014-09-16, 07:00 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly don't see anything wrong with preferring 1.6 over 1.8 at this point. It is true that 1.8 is significantly improved over 1.6, but it's also a bit unstable. It hasn't had the years that 1.6 has had to mature yet, and will become more stable over time.

Wrong thread probably?
Pages: 1 2