MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8 SEO Friendly Pretty URLS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know that is there any SEO friendly Pretty URL plugin. Google said about some Google SEO plugin but thats not available for the new version.

Also are there any alerts or Syntax Highlighter plugins.
I'm not sure as other members here say that it's not a correct way. But its still working for me.

See this video here.
http://uolbscs.com/topic-upgrade-google-...1-6-to-1-8
(2014-09-15, 09:01 PM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure as other members here say that it's not a correct way. But its still working for me.

See this video here.
http://uolbscs.com/topic-upgrade-google-...1-6-to-1-8

I did like you said and also edited the .htaccess but it doesn't works.
What's the error?
i use google seo plugins from old version
change the compatibility, from "16*" to "16*,18*"

it's works
Is it working for you now or still you need any guide?
Just an FYI for you guys saying it is working. It wasn't working right on 1.6 for a lot of us the site maps were broken on most servers that were configured in the way that Cpanel servers are typically configured by the big hosts. It would generate the index of the site map making you think you had one, but if you clicked on the links in the site map they were all dead. So you might want to check your sitemaps.
(2014-10-11, 05:23 AM)Kingfish Wrote: [ -> ]Just an FYI for you guys saying it is working.  It wasn't working right on 1.6 for a lot of us the site maps were broken on most servers that were configured in the way that Cpanel servers are typically configured by the big hosts. It would generate the index of the site map making you think you had one, but if you clicked on the links in the site map they were all dead. So you might want to check your sitemaps.

I dont know about you or anyone else but mines is working fine. Its maybe because some people may have their settings all messed up whereas I know alot about mybb and seo so my settings are correct.

(2014-09-15, 05:28 PM)CodeX Pro Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Everyone,

I would like to know that is there any SEO friendly Pretty URL plugin. Google said about some Google SEO plugin but thats not available for the new version.

Google Seo Plugin...
If you are saying that your getting an incompatible error when you try and activate the plugin you must go into inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php and look for where it says something about compatability 16* and change it to 18*, after doing that you should be able to activate the plugin.

You will then have to set everything up, along with SEO Friendly URLs.
(2014-10-11, 10:26 AM)Red™ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-11, 05:23 AM)Kingfish Wrote: [ -> ]Just an FYI for you guys saying it is working.  It wasn't working right on 1.6 for a lot of us the site maps were broken on most servers that were configured in the way that Cpanel servers are typically configured by the big hosts. It would generate the index of the site map making you think you had one, but if you clicked on the links in the site map they were all dead. So you might want to check your sitemaps.

I dont know about you or anyone else but mines is working fine. Its maybe because some people may have their settings all messed up whereas I know alot about mybb and seo so my settings are correct.
Nope the guy that wrote the plugin told me it was because Varnish was installed on the server.
(2014-10-11, 10:26 AM)Red™ Wrote: [ -> ]

(2014-09-15, 05:28 PM)CodeX Pro Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Everyone,

Google Seo Plugin...
If you are saying that your getting an incompatible error when you try and activate the plugin you must go into inc/plugins/google_seo/plugin.php and look for where it says something about compatability 16* and change it to 18*, after doing that you should be able to activate the plugin.

You will then have to set everything up, along with SEO Friendly URLs.

Like I said earlier. I have solved it and its working fine.
Pages: 1 2