MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Overall Forum Poor Performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I have installed the 1.8 version of MyBB... I have noticed that whenever I'm doing a back-end change it delays like 10 minutes approximately to receive that change in the front-end, for example, if I perform this tweak from here:

http://mods.mybb.com/view-resource/chang...-per-theme

And add this to the global.css template:

/* USERGROUPS */
.administrator_name {
color: red;
text-decoration: underline;
font-weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
}

Then that loads quite quick let's say in a minute or so, in front-end, but whenever I try to do a minimalistic change like removing:

text-decoration: underline;
font-style: italic;

Then that takes like 10 minutes to change on front-end.

Any reason that this might be happening?

I have spoken with my hosting provider and they have gave me some "optimization" tweaks to add in .htaccess but nothing more than that.. they mainly focused in referring me to the "script provider" which in this case is you guys, so I came here to see if there is a possible solution to this situation as I think everything depends on speed and I would like to feel more comfortable making changes and them appearing in that instant I change them.

Things to notice:

- Only 1 Plugin running (NewPoints / Credits)
- Changed the theme to a custom one
- 8 Queries running, sometimes 9, but often is constant 8 or 9
- Fresh MyBB Installation, Not Backed up, Not Re-installed
- Fresh DB Installation too.

I guess that's all, if I have to add something extra please request so~! and I shall add it.
Strange problem. I didn't see writing some one this type of problem here.

I'm not sure why your site is not responding quickly. Can i have a url ?
For CSS it gets stored in your browsers cache. This is normal for all websites. If you are developing and need to see the changes immediately you can clear your cache or work in incognito mode to avoid having the browser cache the styling.

It looks like it's just your css your having trouble with, so that would be why.

There are ways to get the browser to refresh the cache every time you load a page, but I won't mention them because I feel that would be pointless since that is supposed to help your website load faster with less bandwidth usage (all good things).
(2014-09-15, 09:20 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]For CSS it gets stored in your browsers cache.  This is normal for all websites.  If you are developing and need to see the changes immediately you can clear your cache or work in incognito mode to avoid having the browser cache the styling.  

It looks like it's just your css your having trouble with, so that would be why.  

There are ways to get the browser to refresh the cache every time you load a page, but I won't mention them because I feel that would be pointless since that is supposed to help your website load faster with less bandwidth usage (all good things).

I try to do CTRL + F5 That supposed to do a fresh cache reload, but still the changes are not there Confused
From http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/:

Quote:To ensure you see the latest version of a site you need to clear the cache memory. This is done by doing a force refresh by pressing both control and F5 buttons simultaneously on your keyboard (depending on your browser). Most times a simple force cache refresh won't work and you need to clear the cache by hand. On this site you can find step by step guides for Chrome, Firefox 3, Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 6, Safari and more on how to refresh your cache.

Hit ctrl + shift + delete. Depending on what browser you are using you will have to un-select or select different options to only clear the cache. Delete the cache that way and I bet it will work.
(2014-09-15, 10:03 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]From http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/:

Quote:To ensure you see the latest version of a site you need to clear the cache memory. This is done by doing a force refresh by pressing both control and F5 buttons simultaneously on your keyboard (depending on your browser). Most times a simple force cache refresh won't work and you need to clear the cache by hand. On this site you can find step by step guides for Chrome, Firefox 3, Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 6, Safari and more on how to refresh your cache.

Hit ctrl + shift + delete.  Depending on what browser you are using you will have to un-select or select different options to only clear the cache.  Delete the cache that way and I bet it will work.

Alright thanks for the tips, I will look forward to try that, and if it indeed works I will try search for a browser that helps me in completely clearing the cache as I refresh. My browser is Firefox.