MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Database Backup Expansion Module [Beta Testers Needed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those of you who have been wanting an easy means of backing up and restoring your MySQL database, I've developed an AdminCP Expansion Module that makes this as easy and painless as possible:
Current Features Include:
  • Backup individual tables, selected tables or even entire database
  • Save output as standard MySQL text file, or Gzip archive
  • Download to local PC via a simple link ( phpmyadmin and telnet not required )
  • Restore backups with the click of a button
  • Current archives listed chronologically either ascending or descending
  • Archives smartly named to distinguish their creation date and IP of creator
  • Database tables analyzed and optimized prior to backup creation
  • Database tables analyzed and optimized immediately after restoration
  • Std MySQL format makes restoring from command line as easy as mysql -p < arcname
Additionally, I will be adding zip file creation option ( in case some of you prefer that to text or gzip )

This module ( and others ) will be released with MyBB Gold, however at this time I would like to get some beta testers to try it out. If you're interested in beta-testing it, PM me and include a link to your current forums.

Cheers,

Laslo

PS: Although I have tested this module out extensively, and have had absolutely no problems with it, I would like to stress that this is a 'beta' version, so I would strongly recommend that you play with it first before using it on your live forums.
Here's a screenshot :
that looks very, very nice.. ill be a beta tester, a link to my forum would be http://mybbplanet.com Wink
Yes, I too would like to be a beta tester, unfortunatly my board is on localhost! But never the less, it has stuff I could back-up!!

(nice screenshot btw)

(ps, Poison, you cant call it your forum, since you, Aaron and myself all helped with it. p0iz.com is your one though Smile )
lol ^ he can call it his if he wants, its also mine lol and i can test.
finished fixing the only bug i knew of
setting up an area for it now...
will send a PM to those who have shown interest in beta testing it as soon as I'm finished with that, along with further instructions on how to proceed.

thanks
it's ready for download now Smile
check your PMs for info on where to get it.

PS: since you're all 3 from the same forum, I'd prefer you each have a different location to test from if possible. Ideally, it would be good to have different sized forums ( small, medium, large ) test it out. That way we can see how it will behave under different amounts of stress.

Anyone else interested in beta testing, post here or send me a PM.
Also, please post a link to your forums as I'd like to get a medium sized and a large forum testing it if possible.

Thanks,

Laslo
still could use a few more beta testers...
If it's necessary, I can be a tester though I do have access to PHPMA. I can fresh install another board on my server space.
If you could send it my way I would be happy to test it out. Boards: www.anime101.net/boards/
Pages: 1 2