MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Implement Tabbed Categories in 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I've been dying to get tabbed forum categories (menu) onto my forum, but I don't even know where to start, will I have to re-write the whole plugin? Or do I just install it even though is only supported for 1.6.x?

If you don't know what I'm speaking about, I'm refering to this:
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-7687.html

Take notice that I haven't yet installed this implementation by fear that it may not work or I screw something in the forum.

Thanks for any further help in advance!
if you are a subscriber at MyBBcentral then
you can try that plugin on MyBB 1.8 and post on that forum if you come across any issues.
(though that site owner is not inclined in updating plugins, someone there might be able to provide fix)
(2014-09-16, 02:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you are a subscriber at MyBBcentral then
you can try that plugin on MyBB 1.8 and post on that forum if you come across any issues.
(though that site owner is not inclined in updating plugins, someone there might be able to provide fix)

Thank you for you reply, but I'm not an actual subscriber to that forum, means I cannot get the support? Otherwise I will install it and if I ever run across some problem I will try to resolve it myself else then I will just have to see what I can do in order to get support from them or from someone who is able to help me out
^ members and staff from this community are not supposed to provide support for premium plugins & premium themes
(2014-09-16, 04:03 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ members and staff from this community are not supposed to provide support for premium plugins & premium themes

Thanks for the heads up Exclamation anyways, I will still try to find someone who is able to help me out. There has to be someone that can help me, even if it's not from this community there has to be someone out there.
well, why not try using manual coding
tabbed forum with jQuery | another tabbed forum (with cookies) guidance
MyBB 1.8 includes jQuery script. there is no need to add minified jQuery script if you try above methods
(2014-09-16, 04:55 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]well, why not try using manual coding
tabbed forum with jQuery | another tabbed forum (with cookies) guidance
MyBB 1.8 includes jQuery script. there is no need to add minified jQuery script if you try above methods

Thank you very much! Just what I was looking for ~! Big Grin