MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: File Verification Issue on 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All, so I'm brand new to MyBB and now have 1.8 up and running.

That being said, when I run the File Verification tool in the ACP, a lot(all?) of the .php files show in the results and are listed as "Changed" in the Status column.

Now I've researched this on Google and saw mention of a possible bug with this going back to 2011.

Personally, I just want to make sure that I'm starting anew with a fully functional version of MyBB 1.8.

I don't know enough about proper functionality to tell if this "issue" is causing, or will cause, problems down the road.

Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have any idea how to rectify this so that no results show up when this test is run..which I believe would be the ideal scenario..but I could be wrong.

Thanks,

X..
from where you have downloaded MyBB 1.8 ? or is it automatic installation ?
Can you please mention here those .php files that you said seemed to be changed there?
(2014-09-16, 02:41 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]from where you have downloaded MyBB 1.8 ? or is it automatic installation ?

From MyBB Download page...

(2014-09-16, 03:28 PM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please mention here those .php files that you said seemed to be changed there?

There are about 30 of them and I attached them in my previous post...
^ No, there should not be so many changed files if downloaded through this link => http://www.mybb.com/download
So, I re-installed yet again and I'm happy to say that now there's only 1 file showing up as "Changed".

admin/index.php

How might I resolve this?
^ there is no reason for admin/index.php file appearing as changed. you can try uploading it again from same downloaded pack
(2014-09-16, 05:18 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ there is no reason for admin/index.php file appearing as changed. you can try uploading it again from same downloaded pack
Hallel-freakn'-lujah

No issues showing..

Thanks .m. and everyone who lent a hand..

Learned a lot from this exercise..

Until the next issue [Image: rolleyes.gif]
Best of luck for future for MyBB experience (Y) Smile