MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Merge for 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was my impression from a message from Jones H that the merge system for 1.8 for SMF is available. If it is, I can't find it, suggestions, please ...
The merge system for 1.8 is not yet released, but it is currently in the final stages of testing.
This exchange is the reason I'm asking:
Al Jones Wrote:When you reach the point that you want an outsider to test it for you, give me a shout.  Course since you used my database to work on the program, I expect it to work right for me, right??
//al
to which he replied:
Jones H Wrote:It worked for me, you need to disable the automatic encoding (see docs -> merge system -> troubleshooting) but afterwards I hadn't any issues.
If I 'need to disable' it seems as if it should be available to disable.  However, I'll continue to wait and the offer to do a test conversion on a live site if you wish still applies.
//al
Sorry, hadn't the time to reply before. It's not available yet but I used your database for my tests.
There you go Toungue
Sirrah, first my thanks, but excuse me for thinking that you might have preferred an email rather than a public message.

When running the 1.8 merge, the following warning was displayed on every section.
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home4/chronid0/public_html/forum/merge/resources/functions.php on line 1045
but it did not appear to interfere with the conversion.

I have to question what 76 attachments you were looking for since I know of and show no attachments in the SMF system.  I'll leave that for your consideration ... needless to say, I bypassed it after the first warning.

Section/Topic permissions seem to have been set to a default, I have several sections open to guest - they were; I also have several sections that are closed to guests - they weren't; and a limited set that are for mod/admin only, they had the same permission as guest.

Other than that, the merge ran to completion and after browsing the converted forum all appears to have gone well.

Color me gone, I think I can handle the rest with no further assistance. //al
Glad that most of it appears to have gone smoothly Smile
(2014-09-17, 10:02 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]When running the 1.8 merge, the following warning was displayed on every section.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home4/chronid0/public_html/forum/merge/resources/functions.php on line 1045
That function isn't used by SMF, however it may make problems with WBB/IPB. What PHP version are you using?

(2014-09-17, 10:02 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]I have to question what 76 attachments you were looking for since I know of and show no attachments in the SMF system.  I'll leave that for your consideration ... needless to say, I bypassed it after the first warning.
From a quick look: avatars are saved in the attachment table. I'll fix that in 1.8.1.

(2014-09-17, 10:02 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Section/Topic permissions seem to have been set to a default, I have several sections open to guest - they were; I also have several sections that are closed to guests - they weren't; and a limited set that are for mod/admin only, they had the same permission as guest.
We don't merge the "canview" permission for SMF (don't ask me why, it was added like that before I joined the team). That's why I added a big warning to the cleanup page: "Check forum and group permissions".
(2014-09-18, 07:56 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-17, 10:02 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]When running the 1.8 merge, the following warning was displayed on every section.

That function isn't used by SMF, however it may make problems with WBB/IPB. What PHP version are you using?

(2014-09-17, 10:02 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]I have to question what 76 attachments you were looking for since I know of and show no attachments in the SMF system.  I'll leave that for your consideration ... needless to say, I bypassed it after the first warning.
From a quick look: avatars are saved in the attachment table. I'll fix that in 1.8.1.

(2014-09-17, 10:02 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Section/Topic permissions seem to have been set to a default, I have several sections open to guest - they were; I also have several sections that are closed to guests - they weren't; and a limited set that are for mod/admin only, they had the same permission as guest.
We don't merge the "canview" permission for SMF (don't ask me why, it was added like that before I joined the team). That's why I added a big warning to the cleanup page: "Check forum and group permissions".

PHP Version 5.2.17 (Bluehost)
Avatars - that doesn't help me now Smile << I'm teasing, it's solved with Avatar Gallery >>

And while I may sound like an old curmudgeon at times, and at times I am, I do appreciate your help and responses. //al
(2014-09-19, 02:23 PM)Al Jones Wrote: [ -> ]PHP Version 5.2.17 (Bluehost)

There's the problem then Toungue Need to reactivate my old installation, however I'm pretty sure I know where the issue is. I'll fix it in the next release.
Pages: 1 2