MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Public Ban Information (Signature)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if anyone is willing to attempt to create a plugin that allows other members to see why 'X' member has been banned for 'X Days, Months, Years' and by who, Frankly i'm not even sure if this is possible.

Note: If possible I'd like this plugin to be private and only used with my community.

Currently using: 1.6.15 (Not willing to update my theme for it work with the latest, too lazy)
I'm sure it'd be a 30 minute task to do a little plugin that displays the ban reason on the profile. I'd be willing to give it an attempt, although I don't do paid or community-exclusive plugins for communities I am not a member of.
Thats fine. (Go ahead if you want to.)
(2014-09-16, 07:54 PM)Droid Wrote: [ -> ]Thats fine. (Go ahead if you want to.)

Working on it now. Do you have a skype account by any chance? (If not I can PM you)
Sure, sorry for the late response (fell asleep), i'll PM it you.
The plugin is finished. Nice suggestion for a plugin. Big Grin
  • Allows public ban information to display on the profile, signature, or both.
  • Allows usergroup permissions to be configured so that forums with multiple banned groups can determine which groups this plugin affects. (For example, this plugin could affect the "spammers" group, but not the primary "banned users" group, if desired. )
  • Optionally allows expiration dates to be displayed. This plugin uses the same format for expiration dates that MyBB uses on the mod CP.

Is this what you were looking for?

[Image: DmNvuZY.jpg] [Image: sfwIzZ9.jpg] [Image: 3MlWuKw.jpg]

(note that the screenshots were taken from a MyBB 1.8 forum, but this plugin is tested and fully compatible with MyBB 1.6 as well. As it is now, this should be ready for release tomorrow. )

Edit: It's officially released. MyBB mod site | Github
Can this be adapted to 1.8 of MyBB too? I'm looking forward for this~!

*Edit*

NVM~! Saw it supports 1.8.X Thanks!
(2014-09-18, 05:52 PM)Pie Wrote: [ -> ]Can this be adapted to 1.8 of MyBB too? I'm looking forward for this~!

*Edit*

NVM~! Saw it supports 1.8.X Thanks!

Haha yep, same file supports 1.6 and 1.8. Big Grin I've pretty much decided I won't do 1.6 plugins without making them compatible with 1.8 as well, especially considering the mod site doesn't officially accept 1.6.x mods anymore. Sad