MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked through a few recent threads but can't find anyone else with the same issue, but I apologise in advance if I've missed it.

I updated to myBB 1.8 a few days ago, and have had an issue which a number of users have complained about: images aren't shown any more.

Instead of images being shown (either by IMG tags or by Flickr's BBCode), the following is shown instead:
[Image: LINK]

Can this be altered so that images can be shown again? I've looked through the ACP and can't find anything related, but I could be being stupid... I've just edited this post (and removed it again) with an image, and had no issues with seeing it - so must be something that I'm doing wrong! Images as attachments work fine, might I add.
The default MyBB Image tag is:
[mg] yourimage.png [/img] 

& for custom MyBB code, add it first at the left menu in Configurations Tab named 'Add MyBB Codes'.

If your images are not showing in the threads, then also you have to enable 'how many images should be shown in threads' in the settings in the configuration tab.
(2014-09-17, 05:02 AM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]The default MyBB Image tag is:

[mg] yourimage.png [/img] 

& for custom MyBB code, add it first at the left menu in Configurations Tab named 'Add MyBB Codes'.

If your images are not showing in the threads, then also you have to enable 'how many images should be shown in threads' in the settings in the configuration tab.

I'm aware that the default MyBB Image Tag is [IMG], and all of my users have been able to successfully use these image tags in previous versions of MyBB; however, this is no longer the case.

I cannot find an option which says 'How many images should be shown in threads' - can you explain where this is? I've searched my entire ACP with 'image' and can't find a relevant option.

I have discovered that the option in my (and all of my other 500 users) User CP has been 'unticked'. I have now re-ticked this option, but is it possible (as the user in this thread is requesting) to have something to enable this option by default for all users?