MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1point8 quick reply issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
guys:

due some reason, even with build 5, quick reply allows posting, but doesn't reload the page after posting, to allow the user see his own post. if he tries again, then he gets an warning about, but this doesn't look right. there's anything that can be done to fix this?

thanks in advance

[]s
Pretty sure that's spam doing it's job, download the latest version
i've did that already: Last Updated: 09-14-2014, 11:48 AM

i've just downloaded and imported, issue remains. none change done, just to be sure

but you are right, stopforumspam is enabled. just as an test, i've disabled that, same issue

another issue that i've noticed is with unaproved posts/topics: they have the exact same color than regular posts, with soft delete enabled. i didn't tried disabled it to check yet
Have you installed any plugins? i see the quick reply instantly after posting numerous times
yes, there's a few plugins:
Simple Audito Video Embeder (1.2)
Announcement (2.4.1)
Google Docs MyCode (1.0)
IP Ghost (1.1)
My Advertisements (2.1)
Quick Advanced Editor (4.0.0) (removed to check: no effect)
Who Viewed Topic (1.0.1)

just as an test, i've unninstalled:
Announcement (2.4.1)
Google Docs MyCode (1.0)
Quick Advanced Editor (4.0.0) (removed to check: no effect)
Who Viewed Topic (1.0.1)

no effect. the funny thing is that in this very forum, it works as should, something doesn't match

edit: after preview message, it works. straight from quick reply, don't
Quick reply is default code apart from moving two buttons so it's something on your end

Can you make a quick account for me so i can test it

------------

Definitely something on your end. just tested for the second time and my posts show straight away with the quick reply without having to refresh.

I even get the spam message saying I've already posted this message as i should do.
dude, you will not believe this, but i think that i've found the issue when testing an test account to you. the forum default language is pt-br and i believe that this could be an problem to you. then, i've changed the default language for this test account to english and when testing and it worked. plus, the warning also shows messages about awaiting activation. that wasn't showing at all with pt-br... so, this may be fixed, downloading the english pack and translating it from scratch rsrsrs

by pm, i'm sending to you the url, where you will see a few things that i've did Smile

thanks a lot. i was already crazy reading the code without find any issue at all with that.
So the problem was the language not the theme?
yep, the problem is the translation pack. i will do an test, uploading the translation pack again in a few hours, just to be sure that wasn't something that broke in the upload process. i've already noticed a couple of words in pt-pt in that translation pack. seems that it was build from that, instead en. when this is done, an mistake keeps hidden for an long time...

issue fixed with an deep cleanse at forum languages. i've removed every single one, except en. then, i've uploaded once again the translation pack for 1.8 and changed the default language to the only one that wasn't english. it didn't changed the language for users, but fixed the issue. by now, en doesn't exist at the forum, it has the same files than pt-br. as soon as i figure how force the language, en files will be back again. sorry, i'm not too familiar with mybb to do that right now. thanks again for your time