MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Square theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey envy.
Square theme is really cool. I am changing some stuff around to put it on my mybb forums. However I still didnt figured it out how to create a dropdown menu in your theme.
Could you help me?
(2015-09-20, 01:54 PM)pmx.pt Wrote: [ -> ]Hey envy.
Square theme is really cool. I am changing some stuff around to put it on my mybb forums. However I still didnt figured it out how to create a dropdown menu in your theme.
Could you help me?

Check this tutorial made by envira: http://community.mybb.com/thread-172860.html
(2015-09-20, 02:13 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-20, 01:54 PM)pmx.pt Wrote: [ -> ]Hey envy.
Could you help me?

Check this tutorial made by envira: http://community.mybb.com/thread-172860.html

Thank you for the tutorial. I followed the tutorial but instead of uploading the html code in hearder_welcomeblock_member I put it in header because that is where the theme menu is. Apart from that I put everything in the right places.
I incoporated the html code in the menu list by adding the to the beginning and final of the code "<li>" and "</li>".
However when I checked the forums the text of everything went to the middle and the dropdown menu droppedown but the items were not in a vertical table but on an horizontal table.
(I forgot to mention that I want the dropdown menu in the main menu)
How do I change the logo? I tried replacing images/square/logo.png but it didn't work.

EDIT: I did it.
Hi, i have a problem with image resize plugin (download here) with the default theme no problem but with square theme this pligin do not work.
Any suggestion?
Thanks
(2015-10-02, 03:08 PM)Max_69 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i have a problem with image resize plugin (download here) with the default theme no problem but with square theme this pligin do not work.
Any suggestion?
Thanks

I don't know anything about plugins or php, sorry.
Hi, I made an account just to ask this. Thanks for your resource btw.

http://i.imgur.com/jHArQlx.png

How is it possible to make the actual 'post' part larger? Is it possible to make a minimum post box size even if the text only takes up a part of it? If you need me to elaborate I will but I think you get what I mean.

Also, is it possible to throw up a background image onto the forum? if so, again if you would, how?

One more thing.. is it possible to increase the size of people's profile pictures that are attached to their posts?

Thanks.
1. Yes, you need to search the class that contains the postbit itself and define a min-height property, but remember, if people put text, the box is going to increment in height.

2. A background image replacing the current one?

3. Yes, you can increment the size of the avatars in your ACP.
1. Where do I find the postbit? I found a 'postbit' template however I couldn't find a min-height property, do you know which one it is in?

2. Yeah

3. Again I can't find that in the ACP either..

Sorry I'm new to the BB stuff haha, I'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but your help would still be greatly appreciated Smile
(2015-10-10, 10:44 PM)Danu Wrote: [ -> ]1. Where do I find the postbit? I found a 'postbit' template however I couldn't find a min-height property, do you know which one it is in?

2. Yeah

3. Again I can't find that in the ACP either..

Sorry I'm new to the BB stuff haha, I'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but your help would still be greatly appreciated Smile

You're doing this correctly.

1. You find the postbit template, you have html and mybb vars in the templates, you need to search into the styles (also known as CSS) of the theme.

In global.css, search:

.post_body {

add

.post_body {
    min-height: 100px;
}

Change "100px" for the amount you want.

2. Search in global.css

body {

Change:

body {
    background: url(images/square/NAMEOFYOURIMAGE.EXTENSION) no-repeat #EFEFEF;
}

Change "NAMEOFYOURIMAGE" with the name of your background and "EXTENSION" for the file type (jpeg, png, bmp, etc).

Remember to upload your backgroun on your root folder > images > square.

3. ACP > Configuration > Settings

- Show thread options
- Profile options
- Member list

There you have the avatar width and height, change the values for what you want (100x100 for me is perfect).