MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about which files belong in public_html and which do not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while ago I had somebody help me with some copying and backing up of files, and I think they copied a bunch of files into the public_html folder that don't actually belong there.

For instance, I can see a bunch of class, settings and function files in public_html.  Should those be there or can I remove them?  A lot of them seem to be duplicates of files I know belong in the inc folder, but I don't want to delete them from public_html if they're needed there too.

Any easy way I can cross check some kind of list of what files are actually needed in the public_html folder?
you can download MyBB source files package (see versions) and check the files structure.
note: some plugins have files at the root folder (public_html)
When I go there and I click on one of the links for 1.6 it's giving me 404 errors.

I could have sworn a year or two ago I stumbled upon an online collection of all the MyBB files and where they're located, but I can't remember how I found that or where it was. It was all right online and you could just click around looking at the lists of files in each folder. Any idea where that might be? I'm not sure if it was supplied by MyBB or if it was on somebody else's website...
^ if you can wait for a day or two, you can PM me temporary access to admin panel & files (ftp). I'll check it