MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mobile First!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The lack of a functioning mobile front end is killing us. This is a must have item not a feature. When will be able to provide that to our users!!!

In today's world it is an expectation.
though not from MyBB developers, can't you use TapaTalk ?
No - it is not to be trusted. I want a pure mobile experience and do not want to force users to take additional software.
MyBB 2.0 will be the first release to have an official responsive design, but third parties are working on responsive designs for 1.8 as far as I know.
as Euan suggested, here is a good looking theme which looks like responsive for MyBB 1.8 => link
MyBB GoMobile comes to mind.
(2014-09-18, 03:40 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB GoMobile comes to mind.

I don't believe that's been supported since Scoutie passed the product onto Jason to manage.
(2014-09-18, 02:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]as Euan suggested, here is a good looking theme which looks like responsive for MyBB 1.8 => link

This seems like a good idea.

Perhaps the best idea for now would be maybe to have an (un)official myBB default theme, and allow people to create more themes like that.

Actually If anyone wants to put stake into that, I could spare about 20 dollars I suppose, maybe we can crowdfund enough to request a basic design from Justin.S? Or maybe another prominent developer, who wouldn't mind doing a copyleft design.
(2014-09-18, 04:32 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-18, 02:44 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]as Euan suggested, here is a good looking theme which looks like responsive for MyBB 1.8 => link

Perhaps the best idea for now would be maybe to have an (un)official myBB default theme, and allow people to create more themes like that.

Actually If anyone wants to put stake into that, I could spare about 20 dollars I suppose, maybe we can crowdfund enough to request a basic design from Justin.S? Or maybe another prominent developer, who wouldn't mind doing a copyleft design.

I believe what you're aiming for is a responsive framework for MyBB? Lots of these already exist, but good luck getting a designer whose business is based around using it to give it up (Or create a version that works as well as the one they have for the public to use).

In my opinion, responsive design should be tailored to a site/design specifically rather than using a generic one, but to each their own.
(2014-09-18, 06:03 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-18, 04:32 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]

I believe what you're aiming for is a responsive framework for MyBB? Lots of these already exist, but good luck getting a designer whose business is based around using it to give it up (Or create a version that works as well as the one they have for the public to use).

In my opinion, responsive design should be tailored to a site/design specifically rather than using a generic one, but to each their own.

Nope. Just a simple touch friendly theme. I assume the hardest part would be likely the posting and such. I honestly have never given much thought to mobile designs, I always prefer the large phones. (Notes)
Pages: 1 2 3