MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Square Theme Questions (by eNvy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are we able to change the colour of this theme? it is by far the best ive seen and could really do with changing some of the colours to suit what i would like. any help would be great thanks

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=172
(2014-09-19, 10:23 AM)Maxxamillion6 Wrote: [ -> ]Are we able to change the colour of this theme? it is by far the best ive seen and could really do with changing some of the colours to suit what i would like. any help would be great thanks

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=172

Yes it is possible , i am currently using this theme myself for my site , i love it , what exactly do you want to colour change?
To get some idea what this theme looks like modified you can check my site out
http://theeditorscorner.com/forum/index.php
As I said in the licence, you can change everything, but you can't remove the mybb, mybb team or xstyled credits.

If you want to customize the entire theme, go ahead!
ive no idea how to change such thing any help please? looking to change to a dark grey and orange
Well you need to change a lot of things to convert this to orange and dark grey... I recommend you to learn some css and html before you change anything.

I can point where you can change the blue colors, but you need to do extra editing by your own changing all the white to dark grey.
(2014-09-19, 10:26 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Well you need to change a lot of things to convert this to orange and dark grey... I recommend you to learn some css and html before you change anything.

I can point where you can change the blue colors, but you need to do extra editing by your own changing all the white to dark grey.
if you could show how to change the blue that would be a start thanks. i will ask someone else to help with the rest then
(2014-09-20, 10:05 AM)Maxxamillion6 Wrote: [ -> ]if you could show how to change the blue that would be a start thanks. i will ask someone else to help with the rest then

You might find Firebug add-on very helpful but you need to install Mozilla Firefox. Great tool for customizing and learning css online without breaking your website.

Sorry for hijacking this thread for a moment Wink eNvy could you please tell me how do I translate New Thread, New Reply buttons and 'Users online' and 'Welcome' strings? I've already translated  the other postbit buttons, but can't find these ones.

Thanks!

Thanks in advance
(2014-09-20, 10:05 AM)Maxxamillion6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-19, 10:26 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Well you need to change a lot of things to convert this to orange and dark grey... I recommend you to learn some css and html before you change anything.

if you could show how to change the blue that would be a start thanks. i will ask someone else to help with the rest then

Sure!

#header
#panel
.usermenu a:link, .usermenu a:visited, .usermenu a:hover, .usermenu a:active
.wrapper-dropdown-5
.wrapper-dropdown-5:hover, .wrapper-dropdown-5:active
.wrapper-dropdown-5 .dropdown
.wrapper-dropdown-5 .dropdown li:hover a
.breadcrumb
.breadcrumb .crust a.crumb, .breadcrumb .crust b.lastcrumb
.breadcrumb .crust .arrow
.breadcrumb .crust .arrow span 
.breadcrumb .crust:hover a.crumb
.breadcrumb .crust:hover .arrow span
.buttons
.buttons:hover
.clickedbuttons
.clickedbuttons:hover
.thead
.theadend
.catdesc
.tcat
#footer
#copyright
#copyright a:link, #copyright a:visited
#copyright a:link, #copyright a:visited
::-webkit-scrollbar-track
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb
::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:hover
.pagination2 a:link, .pagination2 a:visited
.pagination2 a:hover, .pagination2 a:active
.bigbutton a:link, .bigbutton a:visited
.bigbutton a:hover, .bigbutton a:active
.pbbutton a:link, .pbbutton a:visited
.pbbutton a:hover, .pbbutton a:active
.minibutton a:link, .minibutton a:visited
.minibutton a:hover, .minibutton a:active
.welcometitle
input.loginbutton
input.loginbutton:hover
a:link, a:visited
a:hover, a:active
.pagination .pagination_current
.pagination a:hover
.trow_sticky 
.trow_announcement
.bottommenu

And I think it's all the blue there...

Hope you manage to change the color, isn't too hard.

(2014-09-20, 06:43 PM)marceli Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-20, 10:05 AM)Maxxamillion6 Wrote: [ -> ]if you could show how to change the blue that would be a start thanks. i will ask someone else to help with the rest then

You might find Firebug add-on very helpful but you need to install Mozilla Firefox. Great tool for customizing and learning css online without breaking your website.

Sorry for hijacking this thread for a moment Wink eNvy could you please tell me how do I translate New Thread, New Reply buttons and 'Users online' and 'Welcome' strings? I've already translated  the other postbit buttons, but can't find these ones.

Thanks!

Thanks in advance

They're on the templates directly, without any variable.

New Thread is in forumdisplay_newthread, New Reply is in showthread_newreply, Closed thread

is in showthread_newreply_closed, Users online is in index_whosonline, and welcome is in

header_welcomeblock_member.

Always search in the templates in my themes Toungue.
Since eNvy is also here, i may as well ask my question in here too. Smile

With the Footer column "About Us" i've tried adding links to it, however, they show as blue. Not as the standard colour theme of the other two columns. How do i go about getting them to be shown as the other colour settings. Looking at it in FireBug shows its using the global.css rules, not the square.css settings.

http://imgur.com/aPIaRzU

Cheers.
(2014-09-21, 02:34 AM)MrRhino27 Wrote: [ -> ]Since eNvy is also here, i may as well ask my question in here too. Smile

With the Footer column "About Us" i've tried adding links to it, however, they show as blue. Not as the standard colour theme of the other two columns. How do i go about getting them to be shown as the other colour settings. Looking at it in FireBug shows its using the global.css rules, not the square.css settings.

http://imgur.com/aPIaRzU

Cheers.

Because that section it's supposed to be only for text and not for links.

You need to create a new class or use an existing one, to put links and see that links in other color.

In the case of "About us", I use the "one" class, so, if you add this to square.css:

.one a:link, .one a:visited {
  	color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.5);
  	transition: all 0.5s ease;
  	text-decoration: none;
}

.one a:hover, .one a:active {
  	color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1);
  	transition: all 0.5s ease;
  	text-decoration: none;
}

Links gonna be more "bright", and have effect.

Greetings!
Pages: 1 2 3