MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 4.2.0 to MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off I would like to say that MyBB is incredible! It looks like you guys have a true winner here!

I have been looking to freshen up my forum for quite some time now and wasn't really liking the vBulletin 5 product. I have been playing with several other forum software's and until I downloaded a copy of MyBB I have still been on the fence about actually switching over to something else. I can't believe this product is free and will definitely be making a donation once I get a couple issues ironed out.

With that said, I was able to install MyBB 1.8 and merge my vBulletin 4.2.0 forum over. The conversion program is downright awesome! The only glitches I have run across so far on my test forum are with Attachments, Avatar's and similes. I'm assuming this is due to not installing MyBB into my main sites root directory, but would like conformation on this.
Avatars and smilies aren't merged. However attachments should be merged normally. Can you take a look at the filedata table of your vb4 database? There's a column named filedata which should contain the file content. Is that column empty or does it contain some data?
(2014-09-19, 03:45 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Avatars and smilies aren't merged. However attachments should be merged normally. Can you take a look at the filedata table of your vb4 database? There's a column named filedata which should contain the file content. Is that column empty or does it contain some data?
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, there is lots of data in the filedata column. How does this work as the files are on my server? Does it copy my attachment fold into MyBB or just link to them?
The merge system creates a file in the corresponding mybb uploads folder and writes the data of the filedata column in it. Could you send me your database so I can take a look?
(2014-09-19, 03:57 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]The merge system creates a file in the corresponding mybb uploads folder and writes the data of the filedata column in it. Could you send me your database so I can take a look?
Okay, that makes sense now. I have the MyBB site installed on a different domain and MyBB didn't have access to the attachments. Could I manually copy over the folders into MyBB?
I doubt it, it's not only the file which needs to be copied, there's also some data in the database. In addition the naming is different.
Was there any error/warning/message when running the attachment module? Also could you post a link to a thread with an attachment?
Okay, I have done a fresh install and installed in same domain and directory of my main website. Same a before everything went smooth.

I see that I must Approval all the attachments. Problem is I have thousands of attachments and it will take hours approving them one page at a time.

Can you provide me with a query or something that I can approval all of them at once?
Uhm, that's odd, that shouldn't happen. I'll need to recheck that and fix for 1,8.1

Query (replace "mybb_" with your table prefix if you changed that):
UPDATE mybb_attachments SET visible=1