MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem upgrading to the latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, so I went to do an update of my forum software to the latest version, today, and I ran into problems. I use the Softaculous script installer, and by and large, it has been very reliable. I suspect that this latest error/problem may be due to something that I did, at some point in the past, and what I am thinking is that it might be best if I install the software from scratch, without using Softaculous, and try to get someone to assist me with bringing my existing user base of forum users and existing forum postings from the old forum to a newly installed fresh copy.

I don't feel comfortable doing this, and if someone can do it for me for a reasonable charge, I would be willing to pay somebody to assist me. I'm not sure how much this typically runs, and if this is the wrong forum section, just move it, if you will.

My forum is located at:

http://playbymail.net/mybb/index.php

I'm not well versed in using phpMyAdmin, and I don't want to end up losing all of my existing forum users and forum postings, if possible.

Thanks for any help!

- Much appreciated,

- Charles -
PM sent
.m. fixed the problem for me.

Great job, .m.!!
Manually installation using ftp installer are far better. Even i had many issues with quick installers but i realized better install using filezilla or any other ftp client. It might be time consuming but works better.
Okay I upgraded to 1.8 a couple of days ago and since that time, nothing related to javascript is working,
the edit button is not working, the options expanders are not working the ACP.
I've tried disabling all the plugins I'm using but to no avail, please help ASAP.