MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: set the editor z-index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum with a div set to fixed (header) so the header is always displayed however the editor is always displayed over the fixed div ... it looks odd as the rest of the page disappears bar the editor ... I have set the z-index for the editor element to all sorts of values (put the editor in a div etc) however it still shows throw the fixed div if the page is scrolled, this is also true of the thread rating stars these also show through the fixed div. is there a setting to stop this ... i.e set there z-index below the fixed div's z-index ?
z-index: 3 is set in jscripts/editor_themes/[your_editor_theme].css You can check which editor theme is used in your theme's settings in ACP.
(2014-09-19, 10:15 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]z-index: 3 is set in jscripts/editor_themes/[your_theme]

how does this show over an element with a z-index of 7000 ?
Oh, as I see different themes have different z-indexes. Multiple have max 4000, one max 1001. Not sure what the purpose of this is. Maybe try something like z-index: 999999;

EDIT: Adding
<div style="position: fixed; z-index: 999999; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 20px; background: black; color: white;">test</div>
at the top of the header template works just fine for me.
(2014-09-19, 10:26 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, as I see different themes have different z-indexes. Multiple have max 4000, one max 1001. Not sure what the purpose of this is. Maybe try something like z-index: 999999;

EDIT: Adding

<div style="position: fixed; z-index: 999999; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 20px; background: black; color: white;">test</div>
at the top of the header template works just fine for me.

so if the editor z-index is 3 how come mybb allows the editor to show over a div  with the z-index of 70000 ? it should hide underneath it unless I am missing a point. The idea behind this is to allow the header to be fixed and all forum content (including the editor) to disappear under the header when the page is scrolled like the attachment 
[attachment=32537]
As I said, it works just fine for me. I visited your site and Firebug says your .banel class doesn't have the z-index changed at all... And there is the problem.
(2014-09-19, 11:11 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, it works just fine for me.  I visited your site and Firebug says your .banel class doesn't have the z-index changed at all... And there is the problem.

I had set the z-index for another element thanks for the heads up