MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fresh Install, Visually Disasterous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done a fresh install of v1.6.14.  I have done virtually nothing to it.  When checking the default, the page loads completely wrong.  I tried to fix it by applying a new theme, but it remains almost unworkable.

Is this a sign that something went wrong with the installation?  Did I somehow unwittingly screw something up from the Admin CP?

The Admin CP loads just fine.  I've not touched any of the settings in the default theme.

Attached are screen caps of how the fresh install looks with the default theme, and with the "Royal Green" theme.

Many thanks in advance for pointing out what I'm doing wrong.
./cache folder and all its sub-folders should be writable (CHMOD 777)
more details on file permissions can be seen here => Link
(2014-09-20, 08:45 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]./cache folder and all its sub-folders should be writable (CHMOD 777)
more details on file permissions can be seen here => Link
Yup, it was all already set 777.
^ can we have your forum url
(2014-09-21, 02:16 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ can we have your forum url
http://www.bumbleking.com/temp_forum/
403 forbidden error in accessing ~/cache/themes/theme4/global.css
can you check permissions of sub-folders => themes , themes/theme4
(also check any other sub-folders of themes folder)
(2014-09-22, 01:07 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]403 forbidden error in accessing ~/cache/themes/theme4/global.css
can you check permissions of sub-folders => themes , themes/theme4
(also check any other sub-folders of themes folder)
Those have been set to 777 now. I thought I'd applied that to everything, but I guess not.
^ hmm., 403 forbidden error is stll there for global.css
(2014-09-22, 06:12 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ hmm., 403 forbidden error is stll there for global.css
I don't know why it wasn't taking before - I must've been doing something wrong. Now it looks like the 777 took this time, and it looks much better.

However, I'd really rather not leave global.css wide open like that. What else can I set it to to maintain the look while not leaving it completely writable?