MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is This Presently Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, new to the MyBB platform.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to do the following on MyBB 1.8.

- The ability to "Favorite" another User so that you're alerted when they post. Please note that I'm not referring to "Buddy List" as that requires sending confirmation requests. This would be simply clicking say a Heart Icon very much like done on dating sites(so, I'm told ;-)). You see another Users list of posts, you like the way they think, and can add them to your Favorite User list so as to be alerted the next time they post.

- Probably a Themes based question but are we able to "re-configure" the Forum Pages so you can add say Google Adsense links in the middle of a page wherever you choose. Like between Category's or Forums/Sub Forums.

Or is MyBB's structure more or less locked?

Thanks so much in advance..

X
As far as suggestion #1, would myalerts integration be sufficient? I can't imagine it'd be that difficult to implement, although the harder part would probably be creating an efficient system for managing favorited users. (Not that it would be difficult, but it would involve adding stuff to the user CP. The actual functionality for alerting users on new posts should be fairly simple. )
IMO, first requirement could be a server resource hog (eater)
and second requirement can be done with code modifications / available plugins
Thanks Darth and .m.!

Upon revisiting my first question, upon re-evaluation I would restate it as being able to quickly call up the posts from a user that you've added to your Favorites list..so as to not have to go looking for them.

Perhaps having a Favorites Icon(Heart?) next to a Users Name in case you like their viewpoints and can add them to your favorite member list by clicking it. And then perhaps adding a Favorites Tab in the table in the Member List view so you can see just those.

Hope to check out the solution to #2 when I cross that bridge..

Thanks guys and hopefully the first suggestion will get some traction..

X