MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Threads On Index [Updated 02-09-21]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Has anyone had any luck with the last update I did? I was away on vacation all weekend.
Hi, I have upgraded from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 and installed this plugin and works very well, only a question. If I'm guest, I see only "Recent posts" title and no latest posts, but if I login I see all ok, also latest posts.

Maybe I have edited something in template / theme and now or it works only for members on forum?

Thank you in advance
Thanks dragonexpert, like the ajax refreshes in the latest update. If I can, I suggest you to add in the next release an option to restrict the characters of the subject in the list of the recent threads, may be helpful for someone Smile
(2014-11-02, 02:57 AM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have upgraded from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 and installed this plugin and works very well, only a question. If I'm guest, I see only "Recent posts" title and no latest posts, but if I login I see all ok, also latest posts.

Maybe I have edited something in template / theme and now or it works only for members on forum?

Thank you in advance

I'm not sure how a guest can't view them unless guests don't have permission to view threads. It uses the built in function for fetching forum permissions.

(2014-11-02, 08:46 AM)Pasodk Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks dragonexpert, like the ajax refreshes in the latest update. If I can, I suggest you to add in the next release an option to restrict the characters of the subject in the list of the recent threads, may be helpful for someone Smile

Shouldn't be too hard to implement.
For subject I have edited this in file plugin, adding if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 25) etc

Don't link to guest's profiles (they have no profile).
			if($lastposteruid == 0)
			{
				$lastposterlink = $lastposter;
			}
			else
			{
				$lastposterlink = build_profile_link(format_name($lastposter, $thread['lastusergroup'], $thread['lastdisplaygroup']), $lastposteruid);
			}
			if(my_strlen($thread['subject']) > 25)
			{
			$thread['subject'] = my_substr($thread['subject'], 0, 25) . "...";
			}
New version is up on the mods site.

Changes
- Thread subjects can now have a maximum length set.
- Long thread titles can be either broken at the last full word or the last character.
- Reduced number of queries on installation by making using of $db->insert_query_multiple.
- 1.8.1 or newer is now required because some settings had their optionscode updated to a more appropriate type.

Version 6.0 planned features:
- Thread Title Editing
- Inline thread moderation
- Possibly don't show threads where the author is in the user's ignore list. Would like feedback on this.
The next build is available on the mods site. It gets rid of some unused code and adds an option to choose which usergroups can view the most recent threads on index.

I also ultimately decided not to deal with inline thread moderation. It breaks AJAX how I was going to do it. It also can get messy dealing with moderator permissions.
Also with this new upgrade, if I'm a guest I see only random recent posts..

But in settings:

Permissions
These groups cannot view the reccent threads on index.
Nobody

I would like guests and members can see the recent posts on index..
(2015-01-12, 01:02 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]The next build is available on the mods site. It gets rid of some unused code and adds an option to choose which usergroups can view the most recent threads on index.

I also ultimately decided not to deal with inline thread moderation. It breaks AJAX how I was going to do it. It also can get messy dealing with moderator permissions.

Works perfectly. Thank you very much. Smile
(2015-01-16, 12:01 AM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]Also with this new upgrade, if I'm a guest I see only random recent posts..

But in settings:

Permissions
These groups cannot view the reccent threads on index.
Nobody

I would like guests and members can see the recent posts on index..

Forum url?  Also if you don't have any groups selected it should work for everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42