MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent Threads On Index [Updated 02-09-21]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Sure. You may of course use it in the next contribution!
Hi, I'm running into a REALLY weird bug with this plugin. I found out that if a user changes the DST option in their profile, suddenly the Recent Posts disappears and there's absolutely no way for them to view it again other than me completely reinstalling the plugin again. It appears to be a consistent bug -- tried it with multiple accounts and it disappeared every time I changed DST option.

Any thoughts on what the cause of this might be? Thanks!
Hello dragonexpert. When I uploaded all the files, all the plugins settings in ACP disappeared. So no way to activate it. When I renamed the php file in inc/plugins to .text, the issue resolved but there was no way to activate the plugin.

Url: http://farmersjoint.com

Any help? Thanks.
Hello, would an adjustment to make a second recent thread table like {$recentthreadtable2} only showing the threads from a specific forum be difficult?
I am having an issue where quests can see recent threads, but when any user logs in the whole recent threads table/box disappears. The settings are setup correctly I believe to where the permission to usergroups who cannot view the recent threads table is set to none.
Hello,
I chose to modify a little bit the recentthread_thread template in order to have a slimer display of threads, without OP, prefixes, icons and other details like redirect to first unread post after clicking the subject.
But right now I have two empty columns and I can't figure out how to remove it and align left the thread title . Can you help me please?

My template right now:
		<tr>
<td align="center" class="{$trow}{$thread_type_class}"</td>
			    <td class="{$trow}{$thread_type_class}"</td>
    <td class="{$trow}{$thread_type_class}"><span class="{$new_class}" id="tid_{$thread['tid']}"><a href="{$thread['newpostlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></span><br /></td>
    <td class="{$trow}{$thread_type_class}">{$recentthread_breadcrumbs}</td>
    <td class="{$trow}{$thread_type_class}"><a href="javascript:MyBB.whoPosted({$thread['tid']});">{$thread['replies']}</a></td>
    <td class="{$trow}{$thread_type_class}">{$lastposttimeago}<br />
    <a href="{$lastpostlink}">Last Post:</a> {$lastposterlink}<br />{$lastavatar}</td>
{$modcol}
    </tr>

Crop from my forum, showing the columns:
[attachment=44703]
Hello,

Thank you for this plugin. It is excellent! Big Grin

I am, however, having issues with showing it on non-index pages. I have the following in the Show On These Pages:

index.php
showthread.php
forumdisplay.php
pages.php
faceclaims.php
newpoints.php
absences.php
memberlist.php
member.php

But it is only working on the Index. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated Smile

I have another issue; The plugin (from the myBB site) is causing some (but not all) my BBCode to stop working?
Regarding it not showing up on other pages, do you have {$recentthreadtable} anywhere in the templates for those pages?

As to why the BBCode is not working, it is something I would have to look into. This week is final's week so I won't have a good chance to investigate until next week.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I did not have that code. I did end up having to use {$recentthread_headerinclude} so that it would show the threads where I wanted, instead of wherever the {$recentthreadtable} was posted

Smile
I am currently working on PHP 8 issues for this extension.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42