MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issues with Upgrade and Login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello - I have been using the myBB forum for the last year or so and up until a couple of days ago, I had no problem logging into my site. The last time I had logged in was around Sept 15/16, 2014 and had no issue logging in or using the forum. However when I attempted to log in once more yesterday, September 19, 2014, it would not recognize either my user name or the password I have been using for a few months. When I attempted to set up a new password, it would not recognize any of the emails I had used to register my account. It was not until I logged into the Softaculous File manager that I discovered that a new upgrade was available for the forum.

Thinking this would resolve my password problem for the forum, I initiated the upgrade. When this was complete I clicked the url it instructed me to go to in order to complete the upgrade and the following error message is what I got instead:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (43)
Error Message:
The install directory (install/) still exists on your server and is not locked. To access MyBB please either remove this directory or create an empty file in it called 'lock'.
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

If someone could assist me in recovering my forum and my admin login settings, I'd greatly appreciate it.

best.

The forum url is : http://gaslight.gaslighthotel.net
well, the error message clearly says to delete install folder OR add a file with name lock in install folder
Yes, I READ what it said and TRIED it - I wouldnt have come here if it had worked.

By server I surmised that it was the FILE MANAGER I should do this edit - however the File Manager will not allow me to delete the install folder.

Is this a function to be performed in the phpMyAdmin? And if so, where do I locate the install folder? I havent had to do this kind of management in quite some time, and my skills at working computer programs is nominal at best.

Update: Ok - I have managed to remove the install directory via the File Manager but I am still getting the same message. Now what?
In your FTP manager, go into the INSTALL directory and right click, "Create File" and name it "lock". Then you will have access.

Second option is to delete the whole directory INSTALL which will not harm your website in any way.

Thanks