MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration problem after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I inherited a MyBB setup from a predecessor - I upgraded from 1.1.4 to 1.2.2 according to the wiki guide fairly smoothly.
However, when someone clicks on "Register" and then "Accept" I get an out of memory error.
Error is:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2845 bytes) in /path/to/mybb_forum/inc/functions.php on line 2673

After some searching I find a fix to increase the amount of memory available by editing php.ini - which I do, but now all I get is blank screen in Firefox or page cannot be displayed in I.E.
I saw one suggestion to upgrade PHP, but this requires a libxml2 version beyond RH's latest RPM, so trying to avoid that.
Are there any logs I can check? I can't find any. Maybe turn up logging somehow?
Any help much appreciated!
Cheers,
David.

Details / versions:

RHEL 3 with latest RPMs
Apache 1.3.35
MyBB: 1.2.2
MySQL: MySQL 5.0.21
PHP: 4.4.2
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...7#pid95507

Sometimes a search here works better then on google Toungue
Thanks Tikitiki - works a treat.
I have same problem, but I can not open link mentioned in this thread. Anyone? Solution for this problem?
The link does work.
destroyer Wrote:The link does work.

well.. correction: link is working but this is what i get:
Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

can you pm to me or whatever so that I can resolve this problem with my board?
Oh I see. It got moved to the archives. Since the link was a bug fix of MyBB 1.2.2 you should upgrade to the latest version.
I will upgrade, but in this moment I do not have time for that. I was thinking for quick solution and later I will upgrade to latest version
Upload it to the inc/ folder. This is an old file and the bug related to it has been fixed since then.
THANK'S Dennis

It is working now.

Thank you