MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Autosubscribe to your own threads and threads you post in?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible to remove the whole subscribe thing, and just have a system that subscribes you to any threads you create and any threads you post in?
you can use guidance available on this post. (no need to edit user control panel templates)
And interested users can use subscription option available at the user control panel
Or you can use Automatic Subscriptions plugin for MyBB 1.6.x (see also this guidance)
(2014-09-21, 02:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use guidance available on this post. (no need to edit user control panel templates)
And interested users can use subscription option available at the user control panel
Or you can use Automatic Subscriptions plugin for MyBB 1.6.x (see also this guidance)

Hmm seems too much of a hassle, i mean all i want is for it to subscribe a user once they post in a thread, and when they create one.

All the other methods seems un-needed im afraid as they subscribe to all... i read all of them and i cant see anything that matches what im asking.

Ah right i see if i set the default to no email notification, it does what i want automatically.....Cool...I'll take another look now.
you wanted to remove whole subscriptions - hence suggested that!
(2014-09-21, 03:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you wanted to remove whole subscriptions - hence suggested that!

Thanks, its helping me do what i need to do.

I do have one more question i cant find an answer to here, Is there a limit to the amount of subscribed threads seen @ husercp.php?action=subscriptions or will it continue to fill and fill and fill etc.

and will this affect performance, do i need to manage it?

Ok, i managed to do what i want, used phpmyadmin to.

Im having 1 issue, In showthread and newreply is {$subscriptionmethod} which displays 3 subscription methods, how can i edit this to show only 2? because the first one is now redundant.

Im at a loss of how to edit {$subscriptionmethod}, I tried removing {$subscriptionmethod} but doing so stops thread subscribing?

Edit: back again Big Grin

And i have fixed it and managed it Smile wohoo

thanks for you post....

for anyone who wishes to know i edited {$subscriptionmethod} in post_subscription_method template.