MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Javascript Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anything related to javascript is not working. Such  as the smilies and the Report button and anything else that uses javascript. I tried disabling all of the plugins but that didn't help. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I upgraded from 1.6.13 to 1.8.

URL is http://www.metalworkingfun.com

Thanks.
you have to update code in the templates
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
(2014-09-21, 02:24 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you have to update code in the templates
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

I ran a Diff Report on the footer template and it shows a bunch of lines highlighted in pink which is suppose to mean "Any customizations you've made to your templates (the old ones) are highlighted like this." I've never changed that template. Or does that mean the template is different from the default theme template so that's why the lines are highlighted? I'm using the 2.0_Inspired theme.

I solved my problem by switching to the 1.8 default theme and reverting all of the templates. The members seem to like it alot so it worked out well in the end.

Thanks for the help. You guys are great!