MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Unquote First Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: cover_preview_25096_1586503698_0f3c2dd27...b362e2.png]

Description
Disable the quote button for threads or all posts.

Download
Download from the MyBB Extend page.

Check the official page for more information.
Excellent!
Hi, I have updated this plugin to version 1.8.22. I just added some new settings, you can follow normal update instructions found in the official page.

New features:
  • Added setting to disable quote functionality for first or all posts.
  • Added group and forum permissions.
Thank you!
Hello!

Thanks for this plugin, i have really been searching for this.

I am facing a problem after i installed it.

Here are my settings:

[attachment=42730]

What i need is to activate this plugin only in the introduction section of my forum and it is ok, it works there, the "quote button" is disabled.

[attachment=42731]

But the problem is that it is avoiding me to quote the other users in other forums, where it isn't active. The quote button is there as the following screenshot.

[attachment=42732]

And after pressing the quote button, i see this:

[attachment=42733]

What i'm trying to retrieve is to disable the quote button for every usergroup ONLY in the introduction forum.

Kindly help.
Hi @kbilly, thank you for reporting this issue, apply this patch 04abeaa or simply download the develop branch and replace your files (or follow the update instructions found in the official page).

This fix will ship in the next release, meanwhile the plugin will work properly only if you select either "All Forums" or "None" for the "Apply to Forums" settings.

Also, I just found that the multi quote bar in the quick reply form won't be hidden if users have selected non-allowed posts before activating or changing the plugin settings. MyBB counts the quoted posts from a cookie value so there isn't a easy work around and only should affect a few users a short time span after activating or updating the plugin settings. Affected users should experience this only once until they either click the "Quote these posts now" link, the "deselect them" links, or simply gets the cookie value cleaned.

I just clarify in case somebody asks.

Regards.
Well, i have replaced the old files with the one you suggested.

Everything works as it should, alteast on my forum and that was exactly what i was looking for.

Some screenshots:

[attachment=42741]

[attachment=42742]

[attachment=42743]

[attachment=42744]

Thanks a lot for this brilliant plugin.
hi i was wondering why would you want to remove the ability to quote the first post?
(2020-04-14, 05:48 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]hi i was wondering why would you want to remove the ability to quote the first post?

I would have two reasonings myself:
  1. It is implicit that any answer is somehow related or directed to the first post. so why would you need to quote the first post? Lets take your post as example, you didn't quote anyone nor mentioned anybody specifically, even so it is implicit that you are questioning the first post author (thread author). If you were asking @kbilly or @Eldenroot you probably should would have mentioned them someway or quoted their posts.
  2. As a content administrators you might create areas or sections were you can expect the first post (threads) to have content not meant for duplication. Take the following example:
    https://community.mybb.com/thread-220144...pid1316223

What is the need to quote a tutorial, release, or related content first post? I see none.

I understand there might be situations were quoting the first post is not a problem, for that I added the forum setting. Adding the option to disable all post quotes was more of a whim to be honest.
(2020-04-14, 05:48 PM)8guawong Wrote: [ -> ]hi i was wondering why would you want to remove the ability to quote the first post?

Only because i have disabled the mybb codes in one section of my forum and then if you use the quote function, it will look like this:

[attachment=42746]
Pages: 1 2