MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply spinner doesn't fades away!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my forum the quick reply spinner doesn't fade away once the quick reply has been successfully sent.

It works for quick quote so I need to figure out if it an issue with my board, which most likely will be due to template edits, on which case there probably some hard-coded thing around there.
Have seen this happen myself.
Not able to replicate at the moment though.
I can confirm it..
You can also test it in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-159410.html not sure whether it's caused by the blank characters or by the spinner/quick reply itself.
I can confirm but I dont know steps how to reproduce it again... it happens only sometimes
Just analysed the problem a little bit Big Grin 

Replying to a thread and causing an error (e.g. not enough characters in the message) results in a JS error. [I'm therefore not quite sure if just adding a spinner.hide() is the best solution for https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1404, but I did not test it...]

JS error in that case:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of undefined thread.js?ver=1800:359
Thread.quickReplyDone thread.js?ver=1800:359
$.ajax.complete thread.js?ver=1800:329
j jquery.js?ver=1800:2
k.fireWith jquery.js?ver=1800:2
x jquery.js?ver=1800:4
b jquery.js?ver=1800:4

Replying to Jones' thread where this bug occurs, an other JS error is thrown...
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'match' of null thread.js?ver=1800:359
Thread.quickReplyDone thread.js?ver=1800:359
$.ajax.complete thread.js?ver=1800:329
j jquery.js?ver=1800:2
k.fireWith jquery.js?ver=1800:2
x jquery.js?ver=1800:4
b jquery.js?ver=1800:4

One time 'match' of null and one time 'match' of undefined in the error description.
I think the issue is caused inside quickReplyDone in thread.js
Still can confirm this in 1.8.5.
I can also confirm based on that thread, this is the error I get:
Quote:SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
I'm not sure if my problem qualifies here. But when I click reply and post it, I get here: newreply.php?tid=2&processed=1

and it shows nothing but a blank page. I also, can't use the quick edit feature on the website also. I'm using the theme Dark 1.8
Pages: 1 2