MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: moderate edited message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I create a moderated forum. Each message should be validate by moderator before being published.
In the admin panel, "moderate new message" and "moderate new subject" have yes checked.
When a registred user write a message, the message is not published and should be moderate by moderator --> OK
The problem is when this user edit his message (I need this option) to update it : The updated message is already published without moderation. How could I force the edited message to be moderated before being published ?
So you mean you moderate it so it is published, then he change it?
CraKteR Wrote:So you mean you moderate it so it is published, then he change it?
I think the answer is yes (I'm not sure to understand your question)

The registred user write a message --> message is not published
I aprove the message --> message is published
the registred user edit his message and update it --> updated message is published without i approve it but me, I want to approve everithing is published on the forum
It's not a bug, but I do think this should be a setting in a later version. It does seem a little silly to have moderation of posts in a forum but then allow users to edit them after they have been approved. It just brings you back to square one if you want to avoid stupid/unnecessary posts.

So an option to either allow editing of approved posts with no additional moderation or disallow it would be a good idea.
Moving to suggestions

Okey, what about a option like: "Moderate edited posts" and "Moderate edited threads". On the forum page?
DrPoodle Wrote:It does seem a little silly to have moderation of posts in a forum but then allow users to edit them after they have been approved.
Maybe but it's the law or at least one of its interpretation.
The user that post a message is the owner of his message so I must authorize him to edit and update it but I am in charge of the forum so I'm responsible of what is published on my forum.
I agree is little too much precaution but I d'ont have choice
CraKteR Wrote:Moving to suggestions

Okey, what about a option like: "Moderate edited posts" and "Moderate edited threads". On the forum page?
perfect idea
robellec Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:It does seem a little silly to have moderation of posts in a forum but then allow users to edit them after they have been approved.
Maybe but it's the law or at least one of its interpretation.
The user that post a message is the owner of his message so I must authorize him to edit and update it but I am in charge of the forum so I'm responsible of what is published on my forum.
I agree is little too much precaution but I d'ont have choice
Let's not bring law into this...you can make your own laws up on your website. You could state that all content is legally owned by the site and not the creator.
Let's not get into an argument about the justification of this suggestion. Smile