MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge system still dont work for IPB 3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The merge system still don't work for IPB 3.4.. IPB 3.4 store posts in database as html, mybb don't. So posts show the html markup from ipb 3.4 from before the merge which not acceptable. Please fix this issue asap.

here is example of post in mybb database after merge.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>How is development going with this script?</p></blockquote>
It going pretty well. We should be done in a few weeks! :)
The merge system itself works - only the bbcode isn't converted properly. However ipb 3 has some special things there as it's not always plain HTML and I wasn't able to fix it completely before the release. I'll try to figure their parsing before we release 1.8.1
(2014-09-22, 03:55 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]The merge system itself works - only the bbcode isn't converted properly

Which creates the board unusable. so there it doesn't work..
As said: it depends on the IPB settings - some of my test threads were converted properly, some not.
You could try to activate HTML on your MyBB board which should work. However that should only be done when you trust your users. I'll try to figure something out to parse old threads as HTML and new ones as BBCode.
Without trying(!):

Open inc/functions_post.php and search for:
$post['message'] = $parser->parse_message($post['message'], $parser_options);
and add before that:
$merge_time = strtotime("09/22/2014 19:30");
if($post['dateline'] < $merge_time)
{
     $parser_options['allow_html'] = 1;
}

I hope that works, if not I'll test it tomorrow.
(2014-09-22, 05:31 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Without trying(!):

Open inc/functions_post.php and search for:

$post['message'] = $parser->parse_message($post['message'], $parser_options);
and add before that:

$merge_time = strtotime("09/22/2014 19:30");
if($post['dateline'] < $merge_time)
{
     $parser_options['allow_html'] = 1;
}

I hope that works, if not I'll test it tomorrow.

idk why mybb developer would suggest this.. Very insecure, all someone would have to do is edit their previous post and they could put any malicious thing they want in it.. Plus it would not look right for quotes as mybb does not use the same css classes.. try again.
Then use edittime instead of dateline...
As said: a proper fix will be added in 1.8.1
@ M.Hassan you do realize how hard it is to convert HTML back to BBCode, right?? Especially when the output HTML isn't the same across all systems. We're trying our best to provide the most features possible and as bug free as possible. Jones has pretty much worked on the merge system on his own for the past few months. A bit of gratitude wouldn't be missed.