MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: After upgrade cant login PIN Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear All,
I have upgraded my forum from 1.6 to 1.8 and used the option of Security PIN during upgrade process but after successful upgrade not able to login.
I am using the correct password and correct Security PIN

Any help please ?

regards,
are you sure that the password & PIN are correct .. does the system show any error ?
(2014-09-22, 06:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you sure that the password & PIN are correct .. does the system show any error ?

(2014-09-22, 06:13 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you sure that the password & PIN are correct .. does the system show any error ?

(2014-09-22, 06:20 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]

(2014-09-22, 05:53 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Dear All,
I have upgraded my forum from 1.6 to 1.8 and used the option of Security PIN during upgrade process but after successful upgrade not able to login.
I am using the correct password and correct Security PIN

Any help please ?

regards,
does the forum login work fine ? have you tried logging into admin panel using another web browser ?
(2014-09-22, 06:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]does the forum login work fine ? have you tried logging into admin panel using another web browser ?

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue too. I used my password to upgrade and believe that the login information being used is correct.

For some reason the change password panel can find out my password (I was logged in before the upgrade) because I changed my password and it yelled no errors. However whenever I log in it claims that "The email and password combination you entered is invalid."

I do strongly believe that my password hasn't changed. The password reset things haven't been helpful either, and I upgraded from MyBB 1.6.11. Huh
admin password can be changed through database manager. see required guidance here => Link
(2014-09-22, 06:59 PM)Johnniyo Wrote: [ -> ]it claims that "The email and password combination you entered is invalid."

It's unfortunately a bug (or rather an unfinished feature which was not tested enough) in MyBB 1.8 - https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1376
Destroy666 Wrote:1. You can't log in with E-mail when the option is Email only too.
2. If the option is Email only, you can log in with username...

So you have to use username instead of E-mail.
(2014-09-22, 06:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]does the forum login work fine ? have you tried logging into admin panel using another web browser ?

Till now i have done following but not yet able to login through admin

verfied the correct PIN fron config and same im using during login
i have updated the admin password through phpadmin by following different forum note and now it is set 'test'
login method is = email only
require your help, please
^ open ./inc/settings.php file in a code editor like notepad++ and find $settings['username_method'] = "1";
change it to $settings['username_method'] = "0"; and check if you can log into admin panel.
if it works then immediately change Allowed Login Methods to User Name only in admin panel.
Admin Panel >> Configuration >> Settings >> Login and Registration Options >> Allowed Login Methods
Thanks its worked and im able to login.
now i want to set back my login method to email only as my all members use the same method ?
any idea how to do this
Pages: 1 2