MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group membership that appears on USER CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELLO
i want to know what the group membership is .. mean how to use it and what special members do if they do join any group?
in general, different groups have
different badges, different recognition and may be different privileges to access special sections
if a person is moderator and he joins a group
does it change his modorator options ?
also
if a member joins a group for example - help team which got few more options to do
does he get those available on his account ?
original group privileges and new group privileges both work
eg. no access for one group AND access for the other group => access
OH okay
one more question
if a member wants to see who is in that group
is it possible ??
If you're not anticipating having a large number of users in your usergroup (e.g. moderator usergroups, etc. ) you could use the forum team page, which can be accessed by http://example.com/showteam.php. (When you edit a usergroup, there is an option to display users on the forum team page near the bottom, under the "general" tab. ) This won't really work as well if you aren't referring to staff usergroups, however.
Thanks.
well i have one more question
i wanted to open a forum and make only users who join a group can access to it
but those users are set as members so if they do join that group and if i set access only to that group of people .. those who are set as members are not able to see it..

means
all users are registered members
if i open a new group and give it access to one forum... and i want only those who joined that group can view it and other members won't be able to view it how do i do it ?
Just disable the registered members group on the forum permissions when you create/edit your new forum. Only groups that have been explicitly granted access will be able to see the new board. Be sure to disable permissions for all groups that you want to deny access to (such as the guest usergroup) as well.