MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is this by design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking at how guests are handled when reading threads on my 1.8 system
 if a guest reads a thread in a forum the whole forum is marked read, which is odd is this by design ?
I wish to not mark a forum or thread viewed by a guest so my idea was to set the last read cookie to a set value (so some forums to guests are read others not) and adjusted the cookie via jquery to suit the value I set. however this appears to be over ridden when a guest reads a thread ...are the forum read counters stored somewhere else for guests rather than the session cookie ? if they are not can someone explain how that cookie is set ?
If the guest reads the thread/forum then it is marked as read for the guest. What is wrong with that?
(2014-09-24, 06:54 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]If the guest reads the thread/forum then it is marked as read for the guest. What is wrong with that?

I think you miss the point 1.8 is marking all threads in a forum as read on not just the tread read .... if there is nothing wrong with that I apologise
Was that the behavior on 1.6? It sounds fine (you are actually reading the forum) but if it changed from 1.6 I will take a look.
(2014-09-28, 01:35 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Was that the behavior on 1.6? It sounds fine (you are actually reading the forum) but if it changed from 1.6 I will take a look.

it does not sound fine ... if one thread is read and the rest of the threads in the forum are also marked as read ...  I would hope 1.6 did not do this also .. to be fair this forum was also marked read .... hence the late reply but why should I worry .... it looks like another piece of software that has a few bugs