MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Settings will not change for Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try and set an avatar I am given the message that it is too big. So I go into the Admin CP and set standards for 250x250 and maximum 95KB. However, when I go to the User CP to upload an avatar it shows:

The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 100x100 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 10 KB.

When I go to the Admin CP, it is about the same as when I set it (300x300, 95kb max). I upload an avatar and all of the sudden it says it's not accepted.

Was it because my avatar was named avatar_1.gif.jpg?
When you change the avatar size on admin kp wait 10 minutes..It will change , i think..
What's the exact error?
The exact error is that the settings set by user is ignored by the avatar uploading, and will not change even though if user sets it differently.
Quote:Was it because my avatar was named avatar_1.gif.jpg?

have you tried with 1 real extension?

Make sure ./inc/settings.php is chmoded to 777 also.
I meant the error message.

realwx Wrote:The exact error is that the settings set by user is ignored by the avatar uploading, and will not change even though if user sets it differently.
Your settings.php file should not be edited by hand. It is edited through a script from the control panel. If the settings.php file is not chmodded to 0777, the script cannot change the file and your changes won't stick.

Solution: Change the permissions on settings.php to 0777