MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Certain features not working since update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of my users want to continue using the 1.6 theme but when they do the following items dont work:

rep button
multi quote button
report button

all in postbit. Im sure they will find more issues but at the moment thats it.
as suggested earlier, code in templates needs updating for MyBB 1.8
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

if Diff Reports are not available then you have to take MyBB 1.8's stock theme code as base
and work on modifying your custom theme code. if it is confusing and if you can wait a few
days then I'll try to help ..
when i revert i end up with the standard 1.8 theme and dont even know where to start with the diff report.

I have time by the way, whenever you get a chance to look I would appreciate it