MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No message sent when spliting a thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To explain further. Smile

I split a thread to take a message to create a new thread with it, and once I reply, the (original) poster does not receive a message telling him his own message (now his own thread, though he doesn't know yet) has been updated.

Could this be a bug or a feature request?

Thanks.
I think when you split a thread, it doesn't get subscribed to the owner, so he doesn't receive the message until he posts in the thread again.
Tikitiki Wrote:I think when you split a thread, it doesn't get subscribed to the owner, so he doesn't receive the message until he posts in the thread again.

So how will he realize a totally new thread has been created on his behalf and that there is a new reply regarding his post?

Smile
Well, I would classify this as a bug for now.
It's not - there is nothing designed to do that.

It's a feature suggestion.
Yeah really, NO forum system does this. When a mod splits a thread, they post in the original thread "I split this topic, you can find the new thread here [link to new thread]." It's up to the mods to let ppl know that a thread was split, it's not up to the software.
Galen Wrote:Yeah really, NO forum system does this. When a mod splits a thread, they post in the original thread "I split this topic, you can find the new thread here [link to new thread]." It's up to the mods to let ppl know that a thread was split, it's not up to the software.
You can do this with a simple Custom post Tool though.