MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transfering data from phpBB to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i have nearly finished converting my data to myBB but just got one small problem i transfer my data from ezboard to phpBB no problems there but when i go from phpBB to my BB this is what it looks like how can i fix this .
if you want to have a proper look go to

sample

Paul, 2 exhausts yes but 2 drive chains?<
>
<
>
Copper ahh nothing like the original.<
>
Black/Blue now that had appeal.<
>
Da Silva, great color but in the shade and towards dusk thats when it sparkles.<
>
All jet Black (non metallic), now that could tempt me. Especially with HMF Hi's.
We do not provide support for unofficial converters. Moving to code modifications.
Tikitiki Wrote:We do not provide support for unofficial converters. Moving to code modifications.

please explane ?
Do you not understand english? I said that MyBB support doesn't give support (help) for un-official converters.
You need to do a str_replace of the < and > symbols or export the sql for posts...use a text editor to fix it and then reimport.

It's easy to fix. TikiTiki is just saying that Mybb staff doesn't officially help non-mybb software which is what that converter is. He doesn't mean no one will help you.
Thanks heaps labrocca all data looks good now myBB rocks

tik if you could just answer questions in a more fashion as everyone is not like you and some people are not computer lit as you
if you dont no the answer then dont reply beating around the bush as you do with a lot of your posts does not help people dont expect you to no everything
dirty-dan Wrote:tik if you could just answer questions in a more fashion as everyone is not like you and some people are not computer lit as you

I don't have a clue what you didn't understand. I even tried my best to rephrase it for you since you provided no details on what you didn't understand, so I couldn't elaborate more. I cannot read your mind so you have to tell me!

dirty-dan Wrote:if you dont no the answer then dont reply beating around the bush as you do with a lot of your posts does not help people dont expect you to no everything

Your very RUDE. I do not beat around the bush with my posts and you are in no position to tell me what I post like. And people DO expect me to know everything about MyBB and fix their forum even if it's something they did wrong. I'm not saying I do know everything but I am under complete authority to not have to help people with modifications. My message just stated that and that I had moved it to the code modifications forum. What in the world did you not understand about that?

I'm a MyBB Developer and I give tons of support so I suggest you rethink who your going to be rude to.
dont mean to be rude but you could have added that my post had been moved to where someone can still help me your responce just sounded like it was moved to the trash sorry i cant spell 100% but i do try my hardest

regards dan
Tikitiki Wrote:We do not provide support for unofficial converters. Moving to code modifications.

Uhm? Something you don't understand again??? Don't think Code Modifications = trash.
I'm probably going to regret this, but as someone who has nothing to do with this thread...of the two of you, Tiki, YOU are the one being rude! Yes, you do provide tons of help (I know as you've helped me a bunch), but obviously English isn't Dan's native language and he's obviously new to Mybb! How about giving him the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming he's BS'ing you? Big Grin Just a suggestion.
Pages: 1 2