MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: preventing people from copying posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to prevent people (all groups, including guests) to copy posts from my forum and paste them to other forums and websites?

I would like to use this restriction in only one of the subforums, not on the complete board.

Please help me. Thak you very much!
Nope, if it's in the public domain then it's next to impossible to stop people copy and pasting, you may be able to try adding something like "This post is copy write" but you would have to do that with each post and I doubt many would take any notice as it's hard to enforce.

If you only want it in one forum then you could make a new joinable group and make it clear that the copying of content is forbidden, shoud you then see they have taken content you could throw them out of that forum.

But if guests can see and it's out there for all to see then I wouldn't think there is much you can do, politely asking them to credit your content may help.
yes sure, I do not expect that I will definitely prevent copying. there are always ways to copy with OCR in the end. I just wanted to make the text impossible to mark with a cursor. I've seen that on some websites and I thought it might be possible to do that on mybb forum.

thanks for your reply anyway.
replies here might help (see also Google search results)