MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: showthread: dropdown-menus respond without "ok"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This bug has actually been present since at least version 1.6 but I just signed up recently, so here we go :p

If you are a moderator or higher, you'll have 3 dropdown-menus at the bottom of a showthread-page: "inline moderation", "moderation options", and "forum jump" (or just "forum jump" as a normal user). Usually, I expect when there is an "ok"-button right next to the menu, it should be clicked once the choice has been made.

Right now, though, selecting an option from one of the latter two heads straight to a follow-up page without having to ok-confirm anything. Hence, it feels a little inconsistent with the inline moderation.

The solutions I could come up with would be either to remove the ok-buttons from the respective templates (but then again, this looks so terribly inconsistent) or fix the html/js-code to make the buttons necessary. Either way, I guess this is just a bit of tinkering with the templates.

A bit about the technical side:
  • Firefox 32.0.3
  • MyBB 1.8.0
  • PHP 5.3.28
  • MySQL 5.5.31

For the record, this behavior is also apparent around here (at least the forum jump, no idea about the moderation options).
i can confirm.
but also this way not bad if we remove the "Go" button ?!?
This is intended and should be kept. However I agree that it's inconsistent with the inline moderation so keeping this here for some feedback.
I'd reject this, OK buttons are most likely available to be clicked in case someone disabled JS (rare, but who knows when it may be useful). They don't really disturb and you can safely remove them from your theme if you want to.
Yeah, I don't have anything against keeping that how it is. But the inline moderation should get it too as it's incosistent atm.
Nothing against adding it to inline moderation too.
isnt the inline go button there as a counter for the number of posts/threads selected and is paired with the clear button? I think that the need to press the go is necessary in the inline moderation for that purpose.
We wouldn't remove any buttons, it'd simply auto submit the form if another action is selected in the dropdown. The Go Button would still work, has still the counter and the clear button would still unselect all posts/threads. (The auto submit should ofc only happen if there's at least one post/thread selected)
Any other opinion? Otherwise I'll push this.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2135

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group