MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Bad Words filter through phpMyAdmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 'very' strict bad words filter policy on my own forums, we're religious based community and there are many bad words or terms I just don't want to see used there.

There are 342 bad words/terms I have added to my filter, adding them one by one is a long and tiring process, I made a phpMyAdmin query to add them in one go but of course it still took a very long time writing the query.

As I wrote the query any way and as it took so long to write it seemed a shame for it to only be used by myself, a lot of work for just the one time usage. I thought some others with equally strong wishes to be as strict with the bad word filter may want to make use of the query to add the list to their own sites.

The query file can be found attached and these are the basic instructions on what to do:

Quote:/*

This guide will make it so you can add 342 bad words/terms to your MyBB Bad Word Filter in one go without having to manually add them one by one.
This guide assumes you have enough knowledge of using phpMydmin to follow these easy steps.
Please do NOT use this easy guide if you don't know what you are doing!
*/

Login to your phpMyAdmin account and locate your forums database file, from there click the SQL tab in the menu, see phpMyAdmin.jpg for the GREEN circled tab.
NOTE: do not use the small query icon shown with a faded red X on the phpMyAdmin.jpg, it doesn't work with all servers this way, no idea why!

Copy the content of Bad_Words_SQL_File.txt and paste them into the data entry field, see phpMyAdmin.jpg for where that is.

Simply click the GO button and you're all set with all 342 bad words and terms being filtered on your community.

This simple yet effective MyBB resource was brought to you by:
Kirk Fitzgerald

[attachment=32613]

[attachment=32612]
This saved me time so thank you for this