MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't create main MyBB Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How do you instal MyBB? By a Zipfile?
You have to extract the files from the zip file and upload them through FTP to your web host.

If you don't have a web host, I suggest you use a place like CreateMyBB - it's free and sets up the MyBB forum for you.
Thank you very much, where in the world you found that link from? I never seen it before in my life, I have spend almost 6 days to make this forum, and it's almost my bed time, ._.
Do you actually have a website though?
Yes, I just got a MyBB forum yesterday, all I need to is... how to upgrade it, I tried the intructions, but I don't know how to Cho thing is, I read about it, but I still can't understand it at all, can you help me how to upgrade that new verison please?
Have you got it from CreateMyBB? if yes... you don't need to upgrade anything, actually you can't anyway.
Yes, I just said yes, I did created one, huh? I can't upgraded? Why not? Do I have to instal the new verison?
CreateMyBB was found for those who don't have hosting server where they can upload their own mybb files and setup their board.

CreateMyBB uses same files with different databases. So you can't change the files as you don't have access to them.

If you want to be able to freely work and modify your board you will have to install MyBB on a hosting server that you have. Some site provide you with free hosting plans if you can't afford buying one.

If you already have a hosting, you will have to upload MyBB files to it before doing any step described in the installation process.

If this is the first time for you where you try to run a website, i suggest that you read abit on the concept of domain names and webhosting and how files are hosted etc...

Regards
Auw! Well, thanks, I have one more question, how do you change the name of the site?
Which Site? do you mean when you install the board? well in MyBB settings there is a setting for the Board's title.

Regards
Pages: 1 2 3