MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help changing what guest see
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want everyone to see the forums and threads (including guest). What I don't want is, when guests click on the thread to see what's in there. I want them to register first.

I've checked permissions in ACP » User Groups » Edit User Group » Can view threads is unchecked (when checked they can see everything).

Shouldn't there be a read thread permission as well?

If there is no way to do that, can I at least change the verbiage that it shows instead of "Sorry, but there are currently no threads in this forum with the specified date and time limiting options.".

I have checked ACP » Configurations » Languages but cannot for the life of me figure out where this message resides within the languages.

Any help would be appreciated.
For first problem, I think that you need a plugin. I don't know if exists one with a such feature, but you can always ask devs to write one in Plugin Requests section.

(2014-09-26, 06:17 PM)SteelCurtain Wrote: [ -> ]...can I at least change the verbiage that it shows instead of "Sorry, but there are currently no threads in this forum with the specified date and time limiting options.".

I have checked ACP » Configurations » Languages but cannot for the life of me figure out where this message resides within the languages.
Check forumdisplay.lang.php (nothreads).
Thank you very much Flavius Popa!
though meant for MyBB 1.6, Guests Can't View Threads plugin might work for MyBB 1.8 by changing compatibility line to 18*
(2014-09-29, 03:23 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]though meant for MyBB 1.6, Guests Can't View Threads plugin might work for MyBB 1.8 by changing compatibility line to 18*

You are correct sir! No mod needed, works out of the box for 1.8!

Thanks