MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with the upgrade to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still relatively new to MyBB. Had a largish database going in 1.6 and then decided to upgrade to 1.8. ACCIDENTALLY ended up in the install portion instead of upgrade (i.e., went to xyx.com/forum/install.php instead of xyz.com/forum/upgrade.php.

After I completed the install wizard and went to the new homepage, I realized (i.e., thought) that my whole previous database is gone. So, in a panick, I reverted my website back to an earlier point. However, that didn't work because apparently the database login info got changed or something.

So now I'm re-uploading the 1.8 files, and my plan is to simply install the old database once I get into 1.8. What's the best way to do this? It appears that my old database is there, it's just communicating with it, and I can't get into the admin area to investigate.

Here's my link (the admin link does the exact same thing and I believe this is because the new 1.8 files are not yet fully uploaded.

My question is once uploaded, how do I get all my old forums and member lists into the new 1.8?
Upload all backed up files from 1.6 version, see if it works good. (guess you have to restore your db with resent backup of db) Upload the files you dl from 1.8 installation, and go to example.com/install and chose upgrade...