MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How-to...if you can
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, on an old forum i went to it had a thing called diary's...its like a main forum then u click on it and it opens into like sub forums and you can psot threads in them from there

I want to know if its a mod, or if not i want to see if i can do it before I offer it to my members.

ok as an over view of what it is

on the main forums page you know chit chat and such then theres a main forum u cant post in and u click on it and it takes u to subforums kind of....then each one's name and description is personalized by them...everyone can post in them, but they just change the name an stuff...well they sent a PM or e-mail thing to the admins and they make it with their descriptions and an names and stuff but they check it over too.

how do you make a sub forum?
When creating the forum, you select it's "Parent Forum" as the one you want it to be a subforum of. For example, if you're setting up a diary for "User1" under "Chit Chat" you'd make a forum called "User1" and set its parent forum to be "Chit Chat."

Doing that for each user is going to get out of hand quick though. Subforums will take up a LOT of space and make the page take forever to load if you have lots of users.
I meant like you have to click on the diary's forum and it will come up with the subforums of ur users...

http://www.theteencentre.net/forum/index.php

this is the site I use to goto and i LOVED that feature. See where under the parent forum there is a child forum called diary's, u click on it and it opens up forums instead of threads, then you can open up one of those forums to get to a thread.
You will need to add child forum
yes, i know, but how do i get the forum inside the child forum so that you have to click on the child forum to get to the other forums

parent forum
child forum < (inside child forum) member1 (you have to click child forum to get to member1..)
member2
member3

How do you make a sub forum...that you cant see, its inside the forum...
No I don't think we have this feature, but you can do something like this
http://mybb4arab.to.md/index.php
thats better that was i thought u would have to do, close enough.

That works also better than i had planned...

Thanks Big Grin