MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Issues (Caching?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm noticing a lot of issues with my MyBB forum. I've recently moved over from SMF, and im getting frustrated with the caching issues. If i login, it'll do its thing, and then take me back to the page i was on, but says im not logged in. I have to physically refresh the page for it to say im logged in. (Big deterrent if people dont think of that).

Another issue is posting, once i've posted, i have to refresh the page for it to show the new post, or comment.

Settings are another. I have to refresh or even Ctrl+f5 to show the updated settings in the AdminCP such as permissions etc.

I really need a fix for this. Otherwise im probably going to have to go back to SMF.
can we have your forum url and test user account
(2014-09-28, 06:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can we have your forum url and test user account

Username: test
Password: test101
URL: http://www.ausblock.com.au/forum/
try this :
open ~/inc/settings.php
change
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".ausblock.com.au";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
to
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "ausblock.com.au";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
save the file

clear your browser cookies. check if you are able to stay logged in.

if it works, then immediately log into admin panel and change the cookie settings again there
Admin Panel >> Configuration >> Settings >> Site Details
I can't actually log out now, i press log out, it says i've logged out, but it doesn't log me out. refreshing the page, crtl+f5 does nothing at all. :/

That pretty much broke login altogether. I couldn't log into the AdminCP, it just said invalid login. Yet i couldn't log out of the website...

The login button down the bottom of the webpage worked, but not the one up the top. Hmm...

I'm contemplating deleting everything is installing afresh.
^ hmm., would you like to PM me temporary access to admin panel & files (both are required)