MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Junk Mail?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does the activate mail of my site is send as Junk mail to my members? Shouldn't it be at "My Messages" or something?
Either way it's nothing we can do to prevent this. This doesn't always happen, just to some members because of their Junk mail filters thinks your mails are spam.
Well even i try myself too i make a new account and when i see the activate mail it was in the junk mail....

*i am just shareing my thought*
There can be a lot of reasons. A google search will be of better help.

- Your webhost servers are blacklisted/graylisted by the mail service.
- The mail service receives too many of those "template" emails from MyBB, so try rewriting the activation email yourself with your own text.
- Too many emails go out of your MyBB mailer to that specific mail service (10k / day) -- try changing the "outgoing" email address.

That's what I can say top of my mind. Reverse DNS and SPF records by webhosts surely help somewhat.
WOw that really flip my mind out lol, but i will give it a try. Thanks Smile
Asad_Niazi Wrote:There can be a lot of reasons. A google search will be of better help.

- Your webhost servers are blacklisted/graylisted by the mail service.
- The mail service receives too many of those "template" emails from MyBB, so try rewriting the activation email yourself with your own text.
- Too many emails go out of your MyBB mailer to that specific mail service (10k / day) -- try changing the "outgoing" email address.

That's what I can say top of my mind. Reverse DNS and SPF records by webhosts surely help somewhat.

thanks for the info i might try one of these