MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Templates & Style" Backups & Demos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few suggestions and things i'd love to see in 2.0 Version...Sorry for my english btw, i'll try my best

Look... i like editing themes, but im not a professional or a guy with enough knowledge to know if the CSS code is gonna work fine as i expect. or i do not have the software to check. 

so my first request is a system that saves the changes you do to an specific template file or theme for a few minutes, in case you messed something up and you wanna restore the file (not back to the original, back to the last edition), I KNOW there are softwares to try stuff before editing your forum files but since MyBB is a forum creation system there must be a system to restore files to the last edition, you may say, "that will mean save a copy of every edition", or "save a lot of temp files", "a lot of space needed", "it will cause lag"... but i just ask for a restore option to be able for like 5 minutes, just to see if your changes made effect, and if they didnt you can just restore 

My second request is an option available on some CSS/HTML tutorial websites, Where you can make your own code, and see what you got down there in an interactive demo, so every change you do to a Template file or Theme would have a Demo to see how the final result will look like before Saving changes and pressing "View Forum"

if this suggestions were already posted sorry guys, but this is something that i've been waiting for a long time but you never try it, Please give it a try, Thanks  Angel