MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using a CDN with MyBB 1.8.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2015-06-22, 10:50 PM)pandabb Wrote: [ -> ]You mean this?

Quote:
If you dont want to download your files and update into in a google app engine.

2.3. Download this SymPullCDN Zip File and extract it to your desktop. The zip file contains a couple of folders, YAML and files that you can view inside WordPad.You will have to modify two files: main.py and app.yaml.

2.4. Open main.py in your favorite text editor and find this line:

Origin = âhttp://replace*me/â and change it to the domain name you would like to use as your like
Origin = http://community.mybb.com/
2.5. open app.yaml and find the following line:

Application: *replace*me*
replace it with identifier which is choose in step 3
2.6. Now Follow step 1.9 to 2.2.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

^ I tried this one but the images doesnt show, i would like to achieve thru google appspot like what's in the first post. Is it possible? I want a free method.

yes, if you want first method its very easy. but problem is every time when you change your website css or images. 
Manually update it.
I'm using KeyCDN, but it's pull zone not push so how do i set this up exactly?
(2015-12-11, 09:27 AM)Adzdon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using KeyCDN, but it's pull zone not push so how do i set this up exactly?

If it's using Pull, the instructions in the first post should help Smile
hai nice tutorial here,
i want to ask something, i use cloudflare CDN, how to set up the URL to use for static files and Path to store static files in mybb admin cp setting?
I meant to ask before...are there any technical benefits to moving the static files into their own folder versus just allowing the CDN to pull the files from their original locations from a default mybb install?
(2016-07-31, 01:40 AM)bekti Wrote: [ -> ]hai nice tutorial here,
i want to ask something, i use cloudflare CDN, how to set up the URL to use for static files and Path to store static files in mybb admin cp setting?

CloudFlare caches files automatically since all request are going though its proxy; there's no need to set it up (all files are available under their original location).

(2016-07-31, 09:11 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]I meant to ask before...are there any technical benefits to moving the static files into their own folder versus just allowing the CDN to pull the files from their original locations from a default mybb install?

Sometimes it might be helpful to simplify their management (so everything below is cacheable; subdomains can also be redirected to different servers) or to prevent browsers from attaching cookies that are not needed.
(2016-07-31, 09:40 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-31, 09:11 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]I meant to ask before...are there any technical benefits to moving the static files into their own folder versus just allowing the CDN to pull the files from their original locations from a default mybb install?

Sometimes it might be helpful to simplify their management (so everything below is cacheable; subdomains can also be redirected to different servers) or to prevent browsers from attaching cookies that are not needed.

when I first implemented a CDN on another board I used to run, I set it up the way Euan described in his OP. the problem I found was that when I'd add new stuff or updated mybb to a new version, I'd always forget to put the javascript and images within the folder I set up for the CDN...I'd have some stuff loading from the CDN and some directly from the server.

with my new site, I just set up a CNAME to the CDN's zone URL and have it pulling from my root directory where mybb is installed.
(2016-07-31, 01:40 AM)bekti Wrote: [ -> ]hai nice tutorial here,
As Devilshakerz said, you don't need to activate the CDN settings to use CloudFlare Smile
(2016-07-31, 10:57 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-31, 09:40 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]

when I first implemented a CDN on another board I used to run, I set it up the way Euan described in his OP.  the problem I found was that when I'd add new stuff or updated mybb to a new version, I'd always forget to put the javascript and images within the folder I set up for the CDN...I'd have some stuff loading from the CDN and some directly from the server.

with my new site, I just set up a CNAME to the CDN's zone URL and have it pulling from my root directory where mybb is installed.

It's probably easiest to leave it as is. Using a separate folder/subdomain is easier for cheapskates (like me) who don't pay for a CDN and just want to serve static files without cookies.
is it possible to only use cloudflare cdn for sub-folder of the main wordpress site? or whole domain is served in CDN?
Pages: 1 2 3