MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscribed Threads limit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have added auto subscribe to threads a members posts in on my forum, my question is this?

Is there a limit to the amount of subs i can have, or will they just keep being added to subscriptions, and will this affect performance etc, i mean as it stands i have 80 subs myself, and im just worried that it will one day end up at 1000 Big Grin

anyone know about this?

anybody know?
There is no limit to the amount of subscriptions you can have. I believe the emails are queued. It then handles them with the task system. The settings for mass mailing can be adjusted in ACP->Tools -> Tasks->Mass Mail.
(2014-09-30, 05:23 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]There is no limit to the amount of subscriptions you can have.  I believe the emails are queued.  It then handles them with the task system.  The settings for mass mailing can be adjusted in ACP->Tools -> Tasks->Mass Mail.

So does it affect performance is any way? or do they get pruned?
The bigger a table is, technically the longer it takes to execute, but you wouldn't really notice a difference because of how small it is per row.
Oh cool Smile

if it comes down to it where i need to prune them for all users, how would i go about it?
To empty the table completely you can run
TRUNCATE TABLE mybb_threadsubscriptions

Note that it deletes every row in it. Alternatively, if you want to delete all subscriptions before a certain date, get the timestamp of that day. Then run this query:
DELETE FROM mybb_threadsubscriptions WHERE dateline < x

x represents the timestamp of the date.
(2014-10-02, 11:50 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]To empty the table completely you can run

TRUNCATE TABLE mybb_threadsubscriptions

Note that it deletes every row in it.  Alternatively, if you want to delete all subscriptions before a certain date, get the timestamp of that day.  Then run this query:

DELETE FROM mybb_threadsubscriptions WHERE dateline < x

x represents the timestamp of the date.

Thanks +rep too